Wednesday 23 January 2008

Porsche Caricature

I was asked by a friend of my brother's to do a caricature for his sister-in-law and her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I've done quite a few of these things before (check out my website!), and my usual procedure is to draw the line art with pencil and paper, scan that in and then colour it in Photoshop.

This is the first time that I did everything straight into Painter, and I gotta be honest - the results are better than before! About the only thing I did in Photoshop was the final tonal adjustments and I added a couple of lens flares to the car's headlights. Bish bosh! Done.

And I know you can't see the subject photographs, but you'll just have to trust me that the caricatures are rather good.

I used an actual reference photograph of the car, and squished it to make it look cartoony. Then I cloned and auto-painted it using Oil Pastels, then pasted this clone into my final artwork and started working on it with more oil pastels (but with no clone this time). The result is a pretty darned accurate-looking car that hopefully looks drawn, too!

No comments: